Monday, September 27, 2010

Fallin...

The weather in central Alabama is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

It never got above 75 degrees today! I can't believe it! It was freaking 90 on Saturday! And James Spann the Man says that it won't get above 90 again until NEXT SUMMER!!!!!
WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

I don't know if you've noticed, but I am a very pale person. Sunshine is not my friend. I sometimes look like this after too much sun:
This was Labor Day when Ben and I were just dating. I woke up with sun poisoning that next morning. I would rather have food poisoning. I was miserable for WEEKS after this sunburn.

Anyways...Fall is the perfect season for me, because it is so nice and cool outside. It is a pale person's heaven!

REASONS I LOVE FALL:
1. No mosquitoes! Bye bye icky bugs!
2. No sunscreen! I mean, my make-up still has sunscreen in it of course, but I don't have to really worry about slathering it on if I'm going to be outside for more than 10 minutes.
3. FOOTBALL SEASON. We've already covered that...ROLL TIDE!
4. The National Peanut Festival. Never missed one in my whole life! The rides, the exhibits, the entertainment, and the FOOD!!!!!
5. All things peanut in general, but mostly BOILED peanuts! There is just no better way to eat a peanut.
6. Fall decorations with leaves, scarecrows, pumpkins, and hay bales. I need a new fall wreath to go on my door!
7. The leaves are already starting to change colors! The drive to work includes 4.2 miles on a windy stretch of road that is lined in trees. It is gorgeous right now.
8. My birthday! October 27th! Mark it down! The big 2-4!
9. Scarves, boots, sweaters, tights, blazers, warm colors...all fashion that screams fall!
10. Turning on my fireplace...which is not really a fireplace at all! It's a heater with a fire digital projection. It is super sweet.
11. Chili and soups. Comfort foods.
12. Wearing my pajama pants, sweatshirts, and "sleepy" socks all the time and not getting crazy looks from my husband. Cold weather gives me an excuse to be comfortable and cozy.
13. Jumping in bed a few minutes early with my hubs to snuggle and share a mug of hot chocolate while we watch a movie.
14. Fall food smelling candles - the only time it is acceptable to have a candle that smells like warm apple pie or cinnamon streudel in my house.
15. "Boyfriend Weather" or I guess it's now "Husband Weather." You know, when you're walking to the car after a football game and it's super chilly, but it wasn't that cold when you got dressed for the game, so you're not quite dressed warm enough, so you have to walk right up next to your significant other and they put their arm around you while you walk and you fit right under the place where their arm meets the shoulder and it's so warm and cozy and you're so in love. You know. "Boyfriend Weather."

I love love LOVE fall. I can't believe it's finally here. But we all know in Alabama that we must enjoy it for the short time that it lasts, because it will be COLD soon and I will wish it was springtime.

I do not, however, really enjoy Halloween. It is my least favorite holiday of all the holidays. But I will be dressing Charlotte in a Halloween costume if I can find one that Ben and I can agree on. I'm pulling for the pig costume.
Random Fun Fact: As reported to royal.pingdom.com, at the end of 2009, there were 126 million blogs on the internet. Ridiculous!

1 comment:

  1. I vote the pig costume; too cute! We're still debating on what to dress Eli up as. Right now the contenders are a banana or a pea in the pod.

    ReplyDelete