Friday, September 3, 2010

Boys of Fall

In the south, especially in Alabama, we do not have spring, summer, autumn, and winter. We have freeze your butt off, sweat your butt off, and football season.

That's right. Football season.

Now if you happen to land on my page and you're from somewhere like, oh, Idaho, you are not going to get this post whatsoever. You are going to think I am a maniac.

I do not care.

Football season has begun.

If you can't tell by now, football season is my absolute favorite season of the year. I was a cheerleader all through my life, including high school. (This is me and Abby, one of my very best and oldest friends, our senior year cheering for the Raiders!)
I was brainwashed by my mother at an early age to be an Alabama Crimson Tide fan, much to my father's dismay, who was a Florida Gator fan. He succeeded in brainwashing my brother.

Auburn is a dirty word. So is Tennessee.

I don't know if you know this, but Alabama won the National Championship last year. Again.

Now, I happened to marry a boy who made a very bad decision as he grew up. He was raised by an Crimson Tide mother and step-father, (his dad is an Ole Miss fan and his step-mom is a Mississippi State alum...don't even get me started on his messed up genes) and he was on the right side up until his friends got a hold of him around senior year.

Then he converted to the dark side. That's right. Auburn.
It's his only fault. I think I can live with it.

You might wonder, is this a girl who just likes football? Does she just like to go to games and be in the crowd, but doesn't really know what's going on?

The answer is no. I am a fan. I love football. I know things. Stats, even. Pretty impressive for a girl, eh?

So, football season has officially started. South Carolina played last night. Bama and Auburn kick off tomorrow. We are having a Sunday School party Monday night for the VA Tech/Boise State game at our house. I'm actually sitting outside in my backyard right now and I can hear the high school football game announcer from a few miles away. I am pumped.

And, oh yeh, ROLL TIDE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment