Friday, September 17, 2010

War Buzzard


Tomorrow, I will be in Jordan-Hare stadium surrounded by people cheering for Tigers.

Is my heart prepared for this? I'm not so sure. I've been to an Auburn game before when I was heavily in like with another Auburn boy. It was quite the experience.

Nothing like a day in Bryant-Denny though...
We're waking up early tomorrow to drive down to the Cow Town in the morning. My awesome boss will dog sit our sweet Charlotte for the day while we in in the Burn. We're planning on running into tons of people we know while we walk around campus, trying to catch a glimpse of the ESPN Gameday folks, and going to Tiger Walk before the game starts tomorrow night.

Ben is stoked. He's wearing his orange pants tomorrow.

I'm wearing a shirt he got me for Christmas for last year that says, "I only kiss Auburn fans." So, even though it's orange, it LOOKS like I'm an Auburn fan, but doesn't SAY I'm an Auburn fan. Just says that I'm married to one.

My aunt told me I should wear my own colors to the game. I told her I didn't want to get beaten up. I'll just try to blend in. And if I want to cheer for the Tigers, no one will know which Tigers I'm cheering for. Both teams are Tigers tomorrow.

I embarrassed Ben in Auburn once. Before we were married, we went to down to Auburn for the Alabama-Auburn game to hang out with his buddies for the weekend. We didn't have tickets to the game (because we didn't have a cool couple hundred bucks to drop on them) so we went to Mellow Mushroom to watch the game and eat pizza. I was one of three Bama fans in the entire restaurant, and it was PACKED full of people who didn't have tickets to the game. Did I care? Heck no! I cheered LOUD! I also made friends with the other two Bama fans. Ben was so embarrassed that his girl was screaming for her team louder than anyone else in the restaurant and totally drawing attention to our table.
I tend to do that. (That's a picture from that night.)

I fully intend not to embarrass my husband tomorrow. I will be a good wife who (somewhat) keeps her mouth shut and the trash talking to a minimum. But I'm not making promises if they announce the Bama game score during the Auburn game.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

1 comment:

  1. War Eagle! : ) Have fun at the game - I wish I were going!

    ReplyDelete