Saturday, September 25, 2010

Saturday in the...couch?

I love Saturdays.

We've done nothing today. I take that back. I've done nothing. Of merit, at least. Ben did get up and cut the grass, but didn't trim or blow the sidewalks off, so he halfway did something.

I, on the other hand, laid in bed with the dog til 11. ELEVEN!!!!!! I can't remember the last time that happened. I'm so glad Charlotte is finally old enough to let me sleep til 8, and then get in the bed with me and be lazy. Then, we went in the living room and got on the couch, where we took a nap until 2. The Bama game kicked off at 2:30. Ben dozed in the chair through a lot of that, until I started screaming at the TV.

Bama was playing AWFUL! I'm glad they finally turned it out and won. Whew. It was a nail biter.

With the last few minutes of the game, Ben was complaining that he was getting hungry, so I told him at 5, I would get up and start dinner. I started dinner at 6, really. The game was too interesting! I had to do a victory dance!

Tonight for dinner we had steak tacos with corn and black bean salsa! DELISH!

Here's how I made it:

SALSA:
1. Chop all your fresh vegetables. I used 1 tomato, 1 bell pepper (without the seeds), and 1/2 white onion.
2. Combine your fresh veggies with your not-so-fresh veggies: 1 can drained black beans, 2 cans green chiles (with juice), and 1 package frozen corn.
3. Add fresh cilantro and minced garlic to taste. Or to Ben's taste, rather.

For the steak, I used this:
Pampered Chef's grill pan. This is a kitchen life saver! For small grilling projects like the steak, or to do grilled chicken or fish, it's awesome! No need to break out the charcoal!

Anyways...
1. Heat some EVOO on your grill pan.
2. Defrost your steak. I used steak strips that are used for stir-fry. I didn't have to worry about cutting up any steak. Already done for me!
3. Rub a little mild taco seasoning on your steak strips.
4. Throw them on the grill pan until done!

Then, I warmed some flour tortillas in the microwave, washed some lettuce, and put together our steak tacos! They were yummy!

We kept sitting at the table, eating away, and talking about the tacos. We couldn't put our finger on what it was missing. Then Ben says, "These would be great with some cheese." Idiots. We forgot to put cheese on the tacos. And I even bought Mexican blend cheese specifically for the occasion.

Oh well. When you make these tacos, please use cheese.

3 comments:

  1. Where's the random fact Mrs. Parrish?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DANGIT! I was tacoed out! I forgot! I won't let you down next time, Mrs. Taff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh yum! Salsa! Thanks for posting this recipe. I'll have to hit that up...like, soon. :)

    ReplyDelete