Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chewin' Up My Heart

Charlotte has a bad habit.

She likes to chew holes in her beds.

We're not sure why. It usually happens when we're asleep or she's spent a lot of time in her crate. I guess she's mad at us. She just chews a little hole in the bed, rips all the stuffing out, and throws it around her crate. Then, when we see it and say, "CHARLOTTE, WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!?" she just looks at us like, "What? Oh, I'm not supposed to do that?" We think maybe her bone or something gets trapped under the bed, and instead of being a smart doggie and going under the bed to get to it, she just goes through the bed to get to it.

We've gone through four beds.

I was smart last time and bought a flat cat bed that didn't have a lot of stuffing in it.

This time, I was not about to buy a new one. Dog beds are expensive! And she's just going to chew it up again. So I whip stitched that baby up! No hole there anymore!

She's really upset that it's laying on the floor in the living room. She doesn't deal well with change. She keeps sniffing it like she's never seen it before. Then she looks at me like, "What the crap, Mom? Why is my bed in here? I'm not sleeping in here!"

Precious baby. Love her. I can't get mad at her because she looks at me like this and I melt. How could you not love those ears?
I'm going to be a big softy when we have kids.

Random Thoughts: We are very lucky that Charlotte doesn't eat the stuffing out of the beds. It's very harmful for dogs to eat it and it can impact their intestines. Here's a bright idea: Don't put harmful stuff in dog beds? Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment