Monday, February 28, 2011

Sharp Dressed Man

Last night was the Oscars!

I watched the whole thing from beginning to end for the first time in a long time.

Thoughts?

I thought James Franco was the weirdest host they've ever had. He had a strange look on his face the whole time.

Kirk Douglas cracked me up, but at the same time, he made me uncomfortable. Might be a creepster.

Anne Hathaway was not funny, but adorable.

And I haven't seen ANY of the movies they nominated.

What else?

OH YEH!!!!!

KATIE'S ACADEMY AWARDS FASHION REPORT!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

BEST DRESSED NOMINEES ARE...

Halle Berry
Hello, Bombshell. She's definitely THE most beautiful woman in the world.


Jennifer Hudson
Jenny Craig works for her. DANG she looked good. Perfect color.


Gwyneth Paltrow
I am in love with this dress. So modern, yet so effortless.


Haleigh Steinfeld
Didn't see her movie, but this is how a teenager should dress for the Oscars.


Sandra Bullock
Beautiful gown. I wish she'd had just a little more accessories, but this is gorgeous.


Celine Dion
WOWZERS. She just had twins in October.


BEST DRESSED COUPLES

Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz
That's a whole lot of Spanish gorgeousness right there.


Matthew McConaughey and his girlfriend
I think this is the first time this Texas boy has been shown up.


Mark Wahlberg and his wife
Markie Mark is gorgeous. And so is his wife.


WORST DRESSED NOMINEES ARE...

Reese Witherspoon
I'm so upset. I love her so much, but this looks like a bridesmaid's dress. So sad.


Scarlett Johanssen
Oh, ick. Why?


Mila Kunis
Lavender pasties? No, thanks.


Jennifer Lawrence
1. Who are you?
2. What's with the hoopla over this dress? There's no accessories - no wow factor. I don't get it.


Florence Welch
Love your music. Hate your fashion


Natalie Portman
Granted, it is hard to find maternity couture, but mix it up with the accessories. It's all one color and I strongly dislike the hair.


So, that's all. Who did you think was best dressed?

Oh, and I haven't done a Grammy Fashion Report, mostly because I haven't mentally processed Lady Gag - Gag and the egg. What was that?

RANDOM TRIVIA FACT: The last living American WWI veteran died today at 110 years old. Thank you for your service.

1 comment: