Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Beautiful Girl

Terrible, terrible blogger am I.


I honestly haven't had a chance to sit down and write anything.


We did this for Valentine's Day:


I don't know if you can see this because of my terrible point and shoot camera, but we went to the beautiful Alabama Theatre on Valentine's Day to see Casablanca!

Neither Ben nor I had seen it before, and we thought this was the perfect opportunity!


And it was CHEAP! $7 for each ticket! Unbelievable, considering today's normal theatre prices!


It was so romantic. A beautiful old theatre with a beautiful old movie and a handsome young man. I felt like I had stepped back in time.

This last weekend I did this:


The adorable little girl on the right is the new Little Miss Houston County, and the unrecognizable girl on the left is...ME.


I am a former pageant queen. A former Miss Houston County, in fact. I've been emceeing the pageant ever since I gave up my title.


It's a wonderful program full of wonderful people and I am proud to be a "has-been."


Being a pageant queen is a blast. Being a former pageant queen is depressing. One of the teenage girls called me "ma'am" when she answered her onstage question.


Sigh.


It is what it is, I guess.


Random Trivia Fact: The reigning Miss America (crowned in January) is the youngest Miss America ever (17 YEARS OLD!!!!) and the only Miss Nebraska to ever win the title of Miss America.




No comments:

Post a Comment