Saturday, February 12, 2011

On the Road Again

It has arrived.

My husband waits and waits and waits.

He counts down from November to February.

He has his #88 polo on while he sits on the couch.

We've watched the practices and the press conferences.

The suspense is killing him.

NASCAR.

Redneck, you say?

Absolutely.
Do we care?

No.

I was a skeptic at first, probably like you. I thought, what's the big deal? They go round and round and it's really loud and sometimes they wreck.

There's so much more to it. There's points and strategy and teams and rules.

Pretty interesting, if you bug your husband with questions about the sport until you learn all the stuff.

Ben is a Dale Earnhardt, Jr. fan.

I am a Carl Edwards fan.
Can you figure out why?

Tonight is the Bud Shootout, a race with no purpose except that the winner gets $1 million.

And my husband is content.

RANDOM TRIVIA FACT: This Daytona 500 marks the 10th anniversary of Dale Earnhardt, Sr's death on the track. A sad moment for all of sports, not just NASCAR.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh Carl Edwards. Yes please. :-) Josh is a Junior Fan, too. I personally pull for the Rick Hendrix drivers and Tony Stewart.

    ReplyDelete