Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mad World

Random unloadings on a Tuesday.

1. This is the fitness goal.
No biggie. Just a Victoria's Secret model who is genetically built that way whose job is to look good and probably eats whatever she wants.

I can do it! I am determined!


2. Ben and I are planning a CRUISE in May! We are planning a second honeymoon/last chance vacation. He will start a job in June that will dictate our schedule for at least five years, if not more. Plus, we're planning on having babies soon. Babies and cruises don't mix.

And I need to put my toes in some sand that does not belong to the United States.


3. I thought we left cliques behind in high school? I think I'm pretty likeable. Maybe not. But if you want people to believe you are a friend, then maybe you should be a friend. Just saying. That's what Jesus did.


4. Praying for the family of Jordan Middlebrooks, a Troy student of Wetumpka, and the shooting victims in Arizona. Jordan was abducted from her home off campus, stabbed, and left for dead. The shooting victims in Arizona were completely innocent at the hand of a madman. Lord, save our land.


5. I made some AMAZING soup tonight:

3 chicken breasts, boiled and cubed
2 tomatoes, cubed
1 can niblet corn
1 can mushrooms (stems and pieces)
Handful of chopped baby carrots
1 can chicken broth (with one can water added)
4 bay leaves
Minced onion to taste

Bring chicken broth and water mix to rolling boil. Add veggies and chicken with bay leaves.
Add minced onion until you like the taste. I judged that the soup was done when the carrots were mushy.

I like mushy carrots and this was DELICIOUS. My house smells wonderful.

I meant to add cubed potatoes, but I turned the wrong eye on so they weren't done in time. I went ahead and finished cooking those. I'll make a garlic butter sauce for that for dinner tomorrow.

AND I MADE THIS RECIPE BY MYSELF.


6. That's really all. I'm just in a crabby mood because I have seen too many instances of people treating each other like crap today. I just wish everyone would be nice and polite and respectful of each other's feelings.

Random Trivia Fact: Because Auburn won the National Championship last night - There has never been another state to produce back to back National Championship titles in all NCAA football history. Thanks for bringing it home, Auburn. Congrats on a brilliant season.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post.

    Exp. the "3. I thought we left cliques behind in high school? I think I'm pretty likeable. Maybe not. But if you want people to believe you are a friend, then maybe you should be a friend. Just saying. That's what Jesus did."

    So many people my age (26) keep trying to be in Cliques and start drama that its crazy.

    I also love the recipe you posted!

    ReplyDelete