Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Welcome to Atlanta

So much to fit in just one post!

I may just break it into two.

Put your reading shoes on!

First things first, Monday night was our interview with the ABI (Alabama Bureau of Investigations) agent for the State Troopers!

It was a BREEZE.

He sat in the chair and told us about the Academy and answered all the questions we had.

He also said that Ben has a "squeaky clean" background and is on track to start the Academy in June!

I have NEVER been more proud of my husband as I was that night. After the ABI Agent left, I practically jumped into Ben's arms and cried like a baby. I am just so proud that he is seen by someone else besides me to be an outstanding man!

Sad day though, because he told us that we wouldn't find out if the Troopers are moving us until only a few weeks before he FINISHES the Academy, not before he goes. So, the waiting game continues.

After the interview, we hopped in the car and headed to Atlanta for our mini-vacay!

As we pulled into Atlanta, my mother called to tell me a friend of mine from some time ago was killed in a car wreck with her 15-month old son. A few tears spilled out for her husband. More on that in another blog post.

We checked into the Loews late Monday night and had a wonderful evening, minus the neighbors that came in the room next to us banging around at 2:30am.

The next morning, we woke up to no hot water in the room and had to switch rooms to take showers. No biggie.

Then we headed to Johnny Rockets for lunch!
YUM!

I love the nostalgia of Johnny Rockets. It just makes me feel like I've stepped back in time.

After a yummy lunch and Ben was armed with a milkshake, we headed to the Georgia Aquarium! I've already been here once, so I won't bore you with pictures of fish.
But it was so fun and I am always reminded of how big our God is while looking at these HUGE and tiny fish. Not a single one the same.

And then the chick that works at the Aquarium asked if I knew what I was taking a picture of as I snapped away at the catfish.

I'm from Alabama. I know what a catfish is.

After we finished up at the Aquarium, we took a quick cookie break in the park.
Then we changed clothes, figured out we'd left Ben's tennis shoes, my motorcycle boots, and Ben's Northface in the hotel, called the hotel and they said they had not found them (they since have), and headed to the LAKERS v. HAWKS GAME!!!!!!
The Lakers are Ben's all time favorite team and Kobe Bryant is his all time favorite player. I rule as a wife and bought him these tickets for Christmas!

We were in the presence of greatness last night as we breathed the same air as these champions. Kobe Bryant. Andrew Bynum. Pau Gasol. Ron Artest. Phil Jackson.
JULIUS FREAKING ERVING was sitting courtside.

A dream come true. My husband was on cloud nine.

Gasol and Bynum both double-doubled.

Kobe Bryant broke Moses Malone's record and is now listed as 6th on the all time scoring chart! We got to watch that!

On top of that, the Lakers WON!!!!! It was a great game and we were exhausted afterwards.

Then, we yelled at Wells Farchovia on the phone for about 2 hours because they told us we didn't have any money in our account when we did and we were stuck in downtown Atlanta with our car in a parking garage.

Thankfully, the Lord sent us an angel who gave us $10 to get out of the parking garage.

We finally got home last night around 1:00. The worst/best mini-vacay of my life!

RANDOM TRIVIA FACT: Apparently, there are no CVS/Walgreens type quick stores in downtown Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment