Friday, October 22, 2010

The Truth

My old friend Courtney over at Live Beautiful has posted a challenge that she is calling the "30 Days of Truth." I think it's pretty cool (and we all know how much I love a list), and I think I'm going to try it out.
[30daysoftruth[6].jpg]

I'm supposed to go day by day, taking one topic at a time and tell the truth. These could be a little difficult and make me, or you, the reader, uncomfortable. Please remember that these are opinion based. If you don't like what I have to say, then do this challenge on your own blog and voice your own opinions. :)

The list is:
Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.
Day 2: Something you love about yourself.
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like s***.
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18: Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28: What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself.

In other words, I'm supposed to be completely honest about each of these things for 30 days.

DAY 1 OF THIRTY DAYS OF TRUTH:
Something you hate about yourself.

Wow. Something I hate about myself?

I usually avoid these deep thinking, self exploring type probes because they make me very self-aware and I find more than just one thing and I get really depressed.

The truth is, there are lots of things I don't like about myself.

I don't like that I am loud and sometimes overbearing.
I don't like that I get uncomfortable in social situations and the only way I know to overcome it is by becoming a comedian.
I don't like that I have a flat tire that becomes a muffin top when I put my pants on.
I don't like that I let my emotions get the best of me when arguing with my husband.
I don't like that I fear confrontation and don't stand up for myself when I should.
I don't like when I do stand up for myself and I do it the wrong way and hurt that person.
I don't like that there are so many things in my life that I regret doing (or not doing).
I don't like that I look to blame everyone else but me when I know my butt is in trouble.
I don't like that I am almost a perfectionist, and if I don't like something I'm working on, I throw it away.
I don't like that I have zero patience and little compassion.
I don't like that I don't fit in when I am in a big group of girls.

See? I don't like a lot of things about myself. Now I'm depressed. So, I'm going to be a rebel. I'm going to do two days in one!

DAY 2:
Something you love about yourself.

I love that I am a rebel and do things that I want to do.
I love that I can usually find the upside, even if it takes a while.
I love that I can make people laugh, even if it's just by a stupid dance or silly face.
I love that I am crafty and get compliments on things I make.
I love that people want to be my friend (and someone wanted to be my husband!).
I love that I am strong and persistent.
I love that I am an individual because God made me that way.
I love that I don't have to fit in.
I love that I used to weigh 40 pounds more than I do now and people recognize that I've lost weight. :)
I love that I am content in myself with all my flaws and mistakes, and am able to continue on with life.

So, there it is. The 30 Days of Truth have started. I hope you enjoy them.

On an update note, this week is my birthday!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Ben and I are going to dinner with his mom to celebrate tonight. Then I will have cake at work on Wednesday (my actual birthday), and cupcakes at Bible Study on Thursday (I throw my own parties). I love my birthday!!!!! I will be 24. So much older and wiser than 23.

Then, on Saturday, Ben and I are waking up mondo early to head to Dothan for Jayla's wedding shower. After that, we are going to my favorite event of all time:
THE NATIONAL PEANUT FESTIVAL.
Yes, THE National Peanut Festival. I know you are jealous. I have never missed one in my whole entire life. I am stoked.

Enjoy your Sunday. Unfortunately, we didn't go to church this morning. Ben worked last night and didn't get home until after 2am. He needed to rest and 8am Sunday School was not going to happen. He's passed out on the couch right now with Charlotte. Absolutely precious.

Random Fact About Me: Yes, I throw my own parties. I love parties. I feel like if there is a reason to throw a party, then there should be a party. On my one year anniversary of being with my company, I brought breakfast for everyone. For my birthday, I am bringing cupcakes for everyone at Bible Study. I love parties.


4 comments:

  1. YAY Katie!! Thanks for playing!! :-) I'm excited to read some more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous you're going to the NPF! I haven't been in 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So out of 11 dislikes I am with you on at least 9 of them. Since I haven't moved to day 2 I'll wait to see how much we have in common on that one.

    I have been reading through several people's 30 day truth challenge posts since starting mine today. I have become a new follower, so I can read along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love new followers! I am excited about the challenge!

    ReplyDelete