Friday, October 8, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow

I haven't blogged in a week. I figured, with four followers, they can't miss me too much. I was, however, extremely encouraged by people who don't officially "follow" the bloggy blog, but who commented on my Facebook about how they were blessed to read my last post.

Quit being a creeper, Nancy Pants and Jayla Day. Take the plunge and hit the follow button. It doesn't hurt. That goes for you silent creepers, too. Don't just READ the blog, PARTICIPATE in the blog. BE the blog.

I don't have any particular reason to post or anything poignant to say today, so I will just catch you up.

WHAT I'M DOING TOMORROW:
I have to work tomorrow. Yes, tomorrow is Saturday. Boo. And of course, Alabama is playing at 2:30...right in the middle of the work day. Don't tell the bossman this (oh, hey Chris, if you see this), but I may just have to bring a little portable radio with me to work tomorrow to hear Eli call the game from my desk! It's a big one! If anyone is going to beat us this season, I believe it could be South Carolina! Plus, I'm upset that I don't get to see Steve Spurrier throwing his visor and his headset around. He had a good little fit during the Auburn game. Hilarious.
BONUS POINTS!!!!
Bama DESTROYED Florida this past weekend. I've told you once that my Brosef is a huge Florida fan. I texted him with about 10 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and said, "ROOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE! ROLL!"
In response, I get, "Wes' phone is no longer in service. Please try again tomorrow."
I text back, "Sore loser."
10 minutes later, he got a "RAMMER JAMMER YELLA HAMMER! GIVE 'EM H*** ALABAMA!!!!"
I got nothing.

BRIGHT SIDE OF TOMORROW:
Leaving immediately after work to head to Nashville for Abby's Bachelorette Party! WHOO HOO!!!!!! Abby is one of my oldest and dearest friends. We have been friends since we were in...first grade? I don't even remember, it's been so long. She is marrying Dean on the same day that Jayla, my BFFS3G (she knows what it means), is marrying Dustin. I'm Matron (HATE THAT WORD) of Honor at Jayla's wedding, and will be an "Honorary Bridesmaid" at Abby's wedding, since I won't be able to be there. I wish this girl the best. She deserves it. We will have a blast Saturday night! They are already there for tonight, but alas, I must work tomorrow.

SILVER LINING OF THE WEEK:
Bible study last night....totally wasn't Bible study. 3 of us forgot it was Thursday and didn't read what we were supposed to (we are reading through Beth Moore's So Long, Insecurity, book club style). Taryn, who was supposed to lead Bible study last night, got her signals crossed, and prepared the wrong chapters. The CLC (where we hold Bible Study) was closed at the last minute, so we headed to Starbucks and chatted for a good 2 hours. Sometimes, it's just good to sit and have girl talk. Fun, encouraging, and a nice break of the mundane work week.

And, yes, I totally forgot it was Thursday. When I pulled up the CLC and it was closed, I was REALLY confused.

SAD PART OF THE WEEK:
Charlotte is a delinquent dog and will begin obedience training in 3 weeks at PetSmart. She's super sweet, and does obey...when she wants to. But when she gets a little rowdy and out of control, there is no obedience. And forget going to PetSmart. She won't listen at all. Heel is not an option. She is not adjusting very well to the chilly weather and refuses to go outside at times. I know the neighbors think I'm crazy because I'm yelling and jumping up and down and calling her names in the backyard trying to get her to come out. She just stands in the doorway and looks at me like, "You are nuts and I am not going out there." Such a diva. We just think maybe a few weeks of obedience training will get us over the puppy hump of her life. She needs to be socialized with other dogs, leash training, and recognize our voice in public places. She is our first dog, and honestly, we don't know a lot about training her. We're doing our best!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK:
Mom has her fall break next week, and we are headed to Atlanta on Tuesday! We are staying at the Loews-Atlanta, which is a super swank and really amazing hotel, and going to the aquarium, Coke museum, Margaret Mitchell Museum (!), plus lots of shopping, eating, and maybe a little lounging in the hotel robes. Mom and I love spending time together. We will have a blast.

So, I will be blogging about things of importance next week...maybe.

Random Fun Fact: Watching "Say Yes To The Dress." Girls are spending THOUSANDS of dollars on gowns. Ridiculous. Mine was a couple hundred bucks and I think I looked like a million. You don't need to spend $5000 on a gown. Save that money for the marriage!


No comments:

Post a Comment