Sunday, October 10, 2010

Loser

Are you kidding me?

Bama lost.

And I don't just mean "lost" in like, we gave up a good fight and I can be happy about losing to such a high caliber team. I mean "lost" as in we got straight up outplayed and pummelled. A failed fake kick attempt, a missed field goal and extra point, 8 SACKS on McElroy, and many, many, many more costly penalties that should have been easily avoidable.

I do not want to be at Bama's football practice tomorrow. Saban is going to kill them.

ANYWAYS.

I had a BLAST in Nashville for Abby's Bachelorette Party. There was lots of laughing, dancing, and staring at the oddballs that came out of the woodworks after midnight. Hopefully I will be able to post a pic soon, because I didn't use my camera at all.


I kind of have a pet peeve about everyone using their cameras to take the same picture. Just one person take a picture and post it on Facebook or email it to everyone. It's easier that way and the people in the picture don't have to stand there for forty forevers smiling and getting blinded by the multiple flashes.
I was super happy to get home today. I was greeted by my super cute shirtless and greasy husband and my extremely hyper poopy dawg. She went NUTS when I walked through the door and licked and jumped all over me and I got lots of lovin' on from the husband. It's nice to be loved.

Now, I have to get to planning Jayla's Bachelorette Weekend. And she reads this, so she is not getting a hint of information about it. It's totally a secret, which I know drives her nuts. All she knows is the weekend and, when we nail it down, the location. I love you, Jayla Pig.

(No, I did not just call my best friend a pig. I mean, I did, but there's a reason. She had a horse named Katie growing up, so she always called me "Katie Horse." She had a pig at one point that her brother won in the Greasy Pig contest at the Peanut Festival one year, so naturally, she became "Jayla Pig." It's always been like that.)

Tonight, Ben's "Nanny" and "DaddyJohn" are passing through town, so we are going to have dinner with them, probably. I absolutely love Nanny and DaddyJohn. Nanny is the quintessential Southern Belle who loves to entertain in her home, is always welcoming to anyone she meets, and thinks very carefully about what she says before she says it. DaddyJohn is such a sweet man with a kind heart. Some of Ben's fondest memories are fishing with DaddyJohn and the wisdom and time they spent together. I am lucky to have people like them for in-laws.

Mom and I leave for Atlanta on Tuesday! I am more than stoked! I need a vacation!

Oh, and I made a really dumb mistake. Yahoo is my homepage at work. Every week they do a College Football post once the rankings come out. People are such idiots, saying that South Carolina should be ranked over Alabama, Boise St. should be in the National Championship, and Nebraska is overrated. They obviously have no idea how the system works.

What did I do? I created a user name on Yahoo to set the record straight. I am now obsessed. I am "that girl." I have forced myself to stop looking at the comments because they just make me angry. People are so stupid sometimes. Check the facts before you post. :)

Random Music Trivia: John Lennon's birthday was yesterday. He would have been 70, if his life had not been cut short at such a young age. Instead of a trivia fact about him, I will leave you with my FAVORITE Lennon song. Happy birthday, John Lennon. The music world greatly misses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment