Tuesday, August 31, 2010

She's Got the Look


The Emmy's this year were full of beautiful gowns and dresses. There were also a few head-scratchers. I thought today I would have...drumroll please...
Katie's Emmy Fashion Police!

I'm no fashion genius, but I know when something looks good. So, here are my best dressed nominees...

Dianna Agron, of Glee. Not many people can pull off that much lace, and especially in that pinky nude color. Fantastic.
Amber Riley, also of Glee. This girl knows how to dress for her body type. Love the white and silver combo, too.
Jenna Fischer, of The Office. So classic and simple. She looks approachable and comfortable, yet appropriate. Way to go, Pam.
Kim Kardashian. Unfortunately, she was initially famous for being skantacular, but now she's fun and fabulous and pretty much always has great style. This is perfect. And we all know, she's Ben's favorite.
Cheryl Hines. Loved this gown. So flattering on her. Grey is very "in."
Glenn Close. I want to look this glamorous when I am Glenn Close's age.
Heidi Klum. She's had FOUR KIDS! I would go naked everywhere if I looked like this after FOUR KIDS! Cheers to you, Heidi Klum! You wear whatever you want!
Pretty, pretty Kyra Sedgwick of The Closer, my Mom's favorite show. She pulled off this plum color and the broomstick skirt.
And the nominees for worst dressed are...

Christina Hendricks, of Mad Men. I'm sorry, WHAT? Who told her this was ok? She is a beautiful woman, but she needs some sturdier fabrics. And don't even get me started on that awful dusty lavender color.
Jane Krakowski. There's just too much going on. The flat shoulder that I think should be poofy, the big hip, the metallic thread...I don't know. It needs one less thing. I think it's the shoulder flat poofy that bothers me most.
Kris Jenner. Unlike her daughter, Kim Kardashian, she did not hit the mark on the red carpet. The pattern made her look wide when she's totally not.
Mindy Kaling of The Office. Really? Does she have a full length mirror?
Padma Lakshmi, host of Top Chef, one of my favorite shows. This woman is exotically gorgeous and usually is very stylish, but this looks like she threw on something that was stuck in the back of the closet and forgot to brush her hair. Please pack your necklace and go, Padma.
Stephanie Pratt. I guess she thought she was going to the No Pants Party, because that is a shirt, not a dress. This is the Emmy's!
Rita Wilson. Tom, you look great. Rita, are you expecting a sword fight later? Good thing you wore your chain mail!
Rutina Wesley. I don't know who you are, but you must be the wallpaper thief.
Lea Michele, of Glee. Sweetie, you are young and beautiful! Wear COLOR! And brush your hair! This dress is too old for you!
Well, that was fun! I hope you enjoyed my picks! You may disagree, but I like my picks. Oscars will be soon...the dresses will be better!

Random fact: The "Emmy" was named after an early camera tube. The statuette used chosen from 48 entries in a contest. The winner was modeled after the sculptor's wife. He won a plaque, not an Emmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment