Monday, August 30, 2010

You and I

Today is our 2nd wedding anniversary!
YAY! I can't believe that two years have flown by so quickly. I love marriage. It's really been fun. I thought I would share a few pictures from our wedding day to reminisce.
This was during our "moment" before the ceremony. Yes, we saw each other before. I'm glad we did. It took away all the nerves. Besides, who needs superstition in a Christian wedding?
The super cool groomsmen outside the church. Love these guys.
The most beautiful bridesmaids and best friends in the world. Period.
My beautiful mother and me. I mean, really. Isn't she gorgeous?
My brosef walking me down the aisle to my groom. Such an awesome moment.
I don't remember seeing anyone else but him.
The kiss! Who doesn't love this moment?
Cutting the cake. Apparently it was good. I don't know. I just had the one bite Ben fed to me. His life was threatened if he shoved it in my face.
Cutting a rug. Ben looks stoked, doesn't he?
Ignore the orange pants. We got married on opening football Saturday.
I wore a beautiful white dress and cute red jewelry for Bama and he wore those dang orange pants and that ugly Auburn hat. When he pulled out the garter, which was a Bama garter, the DJ played the Bama fight song! Then, we walked outside and there was an Auburn Cadillac waiting for us! Only in Alabama...
It was a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day. I wish I would be able to live that day over and over and over again like Groundhog Day. Our wedding day was perfect and went off without a hitch. I loved every detail of it.

Marriage? Not so perfect. Learned that really quick. But, we stick it out. The big "D" word is not allowed in our house. It's not a joke; it's not a threat. On August 30, 2008, we said, "forever," and forever it will be.

I love Ben. There are things about him that drive me nuts. But there are things about him that drive me wild! :) I love sharing my days with him. He is my best friend!
So this is us two years later, all dressed up to go to dinner Saturday night. (Ben is working tonight, so we celebrated on Saturday!) Where did we go? We treated ourselves to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! Soooooo...Gooooodddd....
Look what my sweet hubby surprised me with! A beautiful silver and blue topaz ring!
I know the picture is a little fuzzy because I can't ever take ring pictures clearly, but it is sooooo pretty! I have to get it sized down tomorrow, but that hasn't stopped me from wearing it!
And look what hubby gets! A Kobe Bryant Lakers jersey!
He's been begging me for one for forever and I kept telling him no because I thought it was ridiculous, but I finally caved. Whatever. He's still the most handsome guy in the world. Much better looking than Kobe.
This is us at dinner before digging into our whiskey bread pudding at dinner. It was so nice to sit down to a quiet dinner and relax and talk about what we've learned and experienced over the past two years.

I love my husband. We are still very much in love, and even more so than we were than the day we got married. I am so thankful to be married to a man who is so caring, gentle, kind, loving and honest, but at the same time is funny, silly, adventurous, and very much a man's man. He would do anything for me, and I for him. It's rare. We've got it.

Random Fact: Ben and I wrote our vows together and read identical vows to each other during the ceremony. How we came up with them? We googled "wedding vows" and compiled all of our favorite things from the ones we read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment