Sunday, April 8, 2012

Your First Easter

Today is Easter Sunday.

It's my favorite Sunday of the whole year. We get to celebrate our resurrected Savior. I mean, we celebrate Him every day, but this Sunday is always special. The music is grander, the sermon is greater, and the fellowship is happier.

But this Easter Sunday was more special than all other Easter Sundays because YOU went to church today for the first time.

You were so beautiful in your little blue dress and "girly" socks. I wanted to cry when I put you in your dress. So sweet.
You slept all the way through church in your car seat. There was only one time that we thought we were going to have to take you out. You were squirming big time, and started to make your cry face, but then you went back to sleep. I guess you didn't want to miss any part of the service.

You LOVED the music, just like you did when I was pregnant. You kicked your feet and moved your arms, but you never opened your eyes.

There were a few times you even raised your little hands up during the songs, just like you were praising Jesus. Had we not been in church, I would have taken a picture. It was amazing. You know who made you.

You did not, however, like the clapping. This was a new sound to you and it made you give the stink eye a few times. Our friend, Amanda, suggested we start practicing applause at home. :)

The offertory song was How Great Thou Art. I just looked at you the whole time the music played and the song was sung. I cannot thank God enough for His amazing creation in you. It's mind shattering to know that He made you to give to us. Yes, How Great Thou Art!

After church, we went to lunch with Dollie. We ate outside on the patio at the restaurant because it was a beautiful day. You love sunshine and you stretch like crazy when you're warm.
After church on the way home, I turned around in the truck to check on you, and I saw something pink sticking out of your daddy's go-bag (a bag police officer's have to carry all their stuff in every day).

I asked him what it was and he pulled it out of the bag at the next traffic stop.

He said, "It's an Easter basket for Brooke Allen! I bought it on the street corner from a vendor last night!"
Hehe. Your first Easter basket came from a street corner.

But it was so sweet of your daddy. He saw the vendor when he was out on patrol last night, got out of his car, and picked out something for his little girl.

Sigh. I just love him so much.

After your daddy went to work, we took a nice long Sunday nap. Those are the best.
Then I had to break down and file our taxes. Boo. Good news is we're getting a substantial refund. Bad news is it's not as good as it will be next year when we can claim you as a dependent! :)

You were such a big help while I filed.
So was Big Sister.
We had a wonderful day today. I am so excited to spend more holidays with you and experience all your "firsts."

I love you, Brooke Allen!

No comments:

Post a Comment