Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's Love!






Linking up today with From Mrs. to Mama for her Valentine's Day love stories!


Since I LOVE to talk about my husband, I decided it would be fun!

If you want the long version of the love story, click here.


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

We officially began dating on December 30, 2006, so just over five years.


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

I was in a sorority with my friend Claire, who had pictures of all her friends all over her walls. One very cute shaggy haired boy always stood out to me. We called him "Hot Benny." One weekend, I was at home and Claire called me to come visit her and her friends at her best friend's school. I lied to my mother and told her I was only going an hour away, but actually went 3 1/2... :) Worth it now, right, Mom?


Anyways, Hot Benny was there! He was adorable and we clicked right away. We had our first kiss that night, but I left before he got my number. We saw each other a few weeks later on Spring Break, and we talked after that for a few weeks, but I was kind of dating someone else.

In fact, he called me while I was on a date with the other guy...yeh...I didn't hear from him again.

Then a few years later, I was on Myspace, of all places, and found him. He was living in Tuscaloosa, and I was planning on moving there to go to school that summer. He asked for my number and we talked until 6am, and then talked and texted constantly for 2 weeks, until he came to visit me over Christmas break. The rest is history!

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}

We will be married 4 years in August. And I knew after a week of dating that this was it.


4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?

We had a big wedding at my home church. It was AMAZING and PERFECT!

459 invitations went out to be exact. There were probably 200 there.



5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

We call each other Boosef. Weird, I know. We also use baby, babe...but when he calls me "sweetheart" or by my first name, he's mad at me!


6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

JUST THREE?!?!?!?!?

1. I love his sense of humor. He makes me laugh. BIG laughs. Belly laughs.

2. I love that he is the only person in the world who knows how to handle me. He knows exactly what to say when I'm sad or mad or about to have a panic attack. He knows how I like to be held and when I don't want to be touched. He knows what I'm thinking without me having to communicate it.

3. I love how he takes care of me. That's his love language - protection and provision.


7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

It was December 29th, 2007 (yes, a year later). We were planning to go to Jackson the next day to spend New Year's with his family, so I met him at his Mom's house in Birmingham. I knew a proposal was coming soon (we already had the church booked), but I didn't know when. We went to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Brio, and then walked around the mall next door. On our way back to his Mom's house, he asked if I wanted to take a walk. It was 30 degrees out and I had on heels, but he told me it would be a short walk.


He drove me to this fancy hotel in his Mom's neighborhood, and we walked around to the patio overlooking the pool. We sat by a fire pit and had a waiter take our picture. He grabbed my hand and said, "Soooooo..." and I knew what was coming.


He got down on one knee (I didn't see this because I covered my eyes) and said, "We've been dating a year now, and it's been the best year of my life. Will you marry me?"


I screamed, "OF COURSE!" and gave him a big fat kiss.


He screamed, "Put the ring on!" which I hadn't even looked at yet.


Everyone who was outside cheered for us.


Then he said, "And I proposed on our anniversary!"


I said, "No, baby, our anniversary is tomorrow."


He looked totally confused and said, "Isn't today the 30th?"

I laughed and said, "No...today is the 29th..."

It was perfect. :)

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

Definitely a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy. This boy doesn't have a "romantic" bone in his body. But I love him!


9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Not really either. I get bored really easily...haha...I can GO to the movies!


10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

Since we didn't get to take our cruise last year, I would love to go sit with him on a beach outside of the United States for a week.


11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

He'll be working that night, so nothing! Hopefully we can have a lunch date!


12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

We usually keep Valentine's really low key, so a card and some chocolate will be just fine by me! It's really easy to keep this pregnant lady happy!


13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

Be each other's best friend. We do everything together (in a healthy, time away from each other often kind of way). We share interests and hobbies and dreams and goals. Friendship in a marriage goes a long way. You should WANT to hang out with your husband!


14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.

Do you not want to swoon when a man is in love with his baby?

1 comment:

  1. Awww... I love that last picture! Congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete