Monday, October 31, 2011

It's a...

GIRL!

We started out one of the BEST days of my life this past Saturday with all the grandparents meeting at our house (and one uncle). We took a few family shots before heading to St. Vincent's for the sonogram! Look closely...you can see the baby bump!


Us with Ms. Brenda - Ben's Mom
Us with the Parrish clan - Paul, Robbie, and Will
You've met my mom.

At the hospital, we decided to vote.


This group decided it was a girl.


This group decided it was a boy...and for good reason. The Parrish boy gene runs strong. There hasn't been a Parrish girl in 19 years!


Then all God's children went into the sonogram room with us. Yep, that's right. All of us. We might have freaked the tech out a bit. But that's ok, we tend to do that a lot.


We spent a looooooooooong time in that room. Baby P decided to keep its back to us, and sat Indian style (sorry if that's not PC). I rolled all over that table, trying to get the baby to move. I even got up and danced around a bit. It is quite the stubborn child.



Finally, the tech smiled and said, "Are you ready to find out what it is? It's a GIRL!"


I don't remember anything that happened at that very moment. I don't remember what anyone said or did. All I know is that I could see the three little dots on the screen that meant girl through my tears.


There was my beautiful baby girl. I had been staring at her beautiful little toes, arms, and face for almost an hour, not knowing who she was. And now I knew. She was somebody. She was my baby girl.



Ben was standing on the right of this picture. When she told us, he bent down and wrapped his big arms around me. We were getting what we KNEW it was.



Our very own Brooke Allen Parrish.

After the sonogram, we all went to Burger King for lunch. (HA!) Paul and Robbie left Brooke Allen's first gift in the front seat of our car. It's a lovey that says "Thank Heaven for Little Girls."Yes, thank Heaven for this sweet little girl.



I missed Week 19, because I figured I'd do one big post today.


How far along? 19 weeks. She's a mango!


Baby Bump? Most definitely.


Maternity Clothes? Yes! And I got some new ones for my birthday!


Weight Gain: 15 pounds, confirmed on Saturday.


Movement? All the time - except during her sonogram. Of course.


Cravings: I had two cravings this past week that I couldn't satisfy, and one that I could. I really wanted Conestoga fries, or Captain D's. Neither of those happened. But Sunday, I wanted salty Chinese buffet. That did happen. And it was delicious.


Symptoms: Everything has kind of gone by the wayside. It's kind of nice. Now I see why women say they love being pregnant.



Sleep: Still off and on. I guess I'm going to be like that forever, now.



Gender: I was right! It's a GIRL! Brooke Allen!



Belly Button in or out? In.


What I miss: My strength. Brooke Allen is sucking the life out of me. It's hard for me to do normal stuff sometimes. But that's ok. If I don't have strength, it means Brooke Allen is growing!


Best moment this week: Finding out who Baby P is. It is the greatest thing that I can call her by her name now! I love her so much already!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you all! Girls are the best. Olivia was delivered at St. Vincent's too! I pray the next few months will go smoothly! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post, especially the part where everyone went into the sonogram room together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Congrats again! (I want Conestoga fries too... and I'm not preggo!)

    Eli has a message for Brooke Allen:

    ¬klmkkkllllllllmkklkl}

    (And then he laughed, so idk what it means!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud for you! I remember the day we found out Ansbea was headed our way. Cherish every single moment =)

    ReplyDelete