Friday, November 18, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

This is the time that I look forward to every year.


The National Peanut Festival.


And it was just as glorious as usual.


Ben's mom, Ms. Brenda, had never been to the Peanut Festival before, so she joined us on Saturday for our favorite day of the year! She was shocked that there were free peanuts everywhere!


We taught her that the first stop is always the line to the Corndog Man. Those are the most delicious corn dogs in the whole entire world. They hand dip them in their sweet and buttery batter right there in their little trailer. Usually the line for corn dogs is longer than the lines for rides on the midway.

After corn dogs, Ben and I got kettle corn and Mom and Ms. Brenda got roasted ear of corn. This is what we eat when we walk through the exhibits. We always make a stop at the tractors so Ben can dream about our little farm in the country...or at least a yard big enough to use a riding lawnmower.


Then we headed down the midway. It isn't so much fun to watch the rides when you're not planning to ride any...I think my OB would discourage riding the Himalaya at 5 months pregnant.


I could ride the big ferris wheel though! We always ride this ride. Ben is slightly scared of heights, so it's not his favorite, but I love to go all the way to the top where you can see the whole fair down below!


When we got off the ferris wheel, we found the National Peanut Festival queens! This was a treat for two reasons:

1. Over my entire life, I can never remember actually running into the queens!

2. Little Miss NPF was our Little Miss Houston County! It's fun to say you know Little Miss Peanut! She is absolutely precious, and so is her family. We are proud of Jules!


And of course, we always end our fair day by getting a funnel cake. All that fried dough and powdered sugar...YUM!

I love the Peanut Festival and I'm sad that I only get to go once a year now. When I was little, I was there 4 or 5 times each year.


Of course that was back when Mom paid for me to go, I lived there, and I had 4 or 5 different groups of friends I would go with. I always went once with Jayla, once or twice with school friends, and once or twice with church friends, and with whoever else wanted to go!


It's a big social event.


But it's so much fun. I can't wait to take Brooke Allen next year!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been to the fair in years. Eli hasn't ever been and next year-he is going!

    ReplyDelete