Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby P - Week 16

I missed last week of Baby P update. Whoops.


Crazy week. I went to Dothan last weekend for the Miss National Peanut Festival Pageant. (Call me crazy if you'd like, but it's like Miss America down there...)


During the pageant, we gave a scholarship in honor of my friend, Brittany, who was killed in a car accident in March with her son, Shep. You can read about that here. The whole pageant was a beautiful tribute to Brittany, and the scholarship went to a girl who was truly deserving.


I drove back to Birmingham Sunday night. As soon as I walked in the door, Mom called Ben, hoping to catch him before I came home, but I was already there.


She was calling to tell me my Granddaddy died.


Granddaddy and I had a very special relationship, and I will miss him greatly. But I can smile knowing he is no longer in pain and that he is in Heaven, rejoicing with the angels.


I will post something about Granddaddy later. The real reason for this post is a Baby P update!


How far along? 16 weeks. Baby P is the size of an avocado! And it's growing eardrums, so it can hear me talking! I guess I need to watch my language...Although, I imagine to Baby P that it sounds like Charlie Brown adult talk - Wahp wahp wahp.

Baby Bump? Totally there. No hiding it. I don't even try anymore. It's not big, but it just can't be covered up.

Maternity Clothes? Yep. Greatest invention to known to WOman.

Total weight gain: 10 pounds. 10 POUNDS! Everyone keeps saying they can't see it anywhere but my belly, but Mom and I did notice it in my face in pictures. Doc says I'm right on track on weight gain and that I look good.

Cravings: Sushi. And I got some last night. Ben turned up his nose when he asked me what I wanted for dinner, but then it dawned on him that we could go to Sumo and he could eat hibachi chicken, and he was ok with that.


*side note* - Totally embarrassed him at Sumo. The waitress asked me what I wanted, and I ordered my Super Crunch Roll (it's all cooked, not raw...don't freak out!). And then I asked if I could have the rice, too. She says, "Sure, but it will be a little extra."

I said, "That's fine. Can I have the noodles too?"

Her eyes got REALLY big, and said, "I mean...I guess."

I said, "I'm sorry. I'm just pregnant and I want to eat."

And I did. I ate it all. I ate more than Ben.


Symptoms: The headaches have gotten better, but now I'm into the sore back and leg cramps.

Sleep: Off and on. I wake up around 2am for no reason.

Movement: I think some flutters. I've got an allergy something going on, and every time I sneeze, I get little bubbles in my tummy. It's like the baby is saying, "Bless you!"

Gender: Still feeling like it's a girl. We'll find out if we're right on October 29th!

Belly Button in or out? In. Although some random lady at Granddaddy's funeral touched my belly and told me I would have an outie before it was over with.

BACK UP OFF MY BELLY, UNLESS YOU'RE RELATED TO ME.

What I miss: Having a somewhat flat belly. I'm still terrified that people just think I'm fat. You know those people who wear really tight shirts and their flat tire hangs over their pants? I don't want to look like that person.

Best moment this week: I got to hear that sweet heartbeat again yesterday at the doctor! Still a feisty one - over 160 every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment