Monday, September 5, 2011

Rumor Has It

So, yes, we're pregnant.

I AM SO EXCITED.

I have had baby fever for about a year now, and at the beginning of the summer, Ben and I decided to "not try," but "if it happens, it happens." Famous last words.

Apparently, I got pregnant around the first "not try."

First clue: We were in DC over the 4th of July. Ben left a day early, and we were in a mall near the train station to have lunch. Ben and I obviously headed towards the Taco Bell line. While we were waiting in line, this overwhelming sense of, "OMG, I can't eat this" came over me. I thought I was just a little motion sick from the train.

Second clue: That Sunday was Ben's birthday, and I had a crazy emotional meltdown in the bed about Charlotte wallering all over me.

Third clue: Monday night, I was SICK. I could hardly lift my head up, was super nauseous, and ached all over. It was awful. Ben said, "I think you're pregnant. You're acting crazy."

Tuesday morning, I took a test before work. Digital. I didn't want to deal with the line junk. In about 3 minutes, I got my answer. PREGNANT. Big bold letters.

I immediately started to cry because I was so happy. Ben was still asleep, and I busted out of the bathroom door with the test. Charlotte fell off the bed, because I screamed, "WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!" and scared her. Ben said, "REALLY???????"

It was a super sweet moment that I will never forget. And it was totally not the way I planned to tell him.

Stupid me didn't take any pictures. And I thought the reading on the digital test would last forever.

It doesn't.

I went to the doctor that Thursday and it was confirmed that I was about 4 weeks along and set a due date of March 23rd.

4 weeks later we had our first ultrasound. Baby P is a feisty one and had a heartbeat of 178 and is measuring four days ahead. We didn't change my due date because it was so close.

I don't have a scanner, or I would show you our ultrasound picture. It looks like a peanut laying on the left.

Now here we are.

How far along? 11 weeks and a few days. YAY FOR ALMOST BEING OUT OF FIRST TRIMESTER!!!!!!

Baby Bump? Only Ben and I can really tell. A few things I've worn have made people at work notice.

Maternity clothes? Already bought a few things in anticipation of fall/winter, but I don't need them right now. I did purchase a belly band that I have to wear with one pair of my jeans.

Total weight gain: At my 8 week checkup, I had gained 3 pounds. I go back on Thursday. I know I've gained more.

Cravings: Sandwiches.

Symptoms: Constant nausea, bloating, lovely stomach stuff. But all that is waning.

Sleep: I sleep fine, but I've found if I wake up, it's really, really hard for me to go back to sleep.

Movement: Still too little to feel!

Gender: I don't know, but I can't WAIT to find out so I can stop calling it an it. I know it's a something, we just can't see it yet!

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Eating like a normal person.

Best moment this week: Getting over my Mexican food aversion. Ben is so excited. I have deprived him for so long!!!!! He wants Moe's every day.

So, there it is. We are so very excited. I can't wait to meet Baby P!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys, and I really hope you keep updating us on everything :) Sweetest story ever! -Ashley Adkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again, baby p will be one very blessed baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited for you guys! I can't wait to meet Baby P and introduce him/her to Madelyn. You can also use a rubber band or pony tail holder. Loop it through the button hole and then around the button. My belly band always rolled up and annoyed me. Second trimester is definitely the best and seems the longest. Enjoy it. You and Ben will be such great parents! Congratulations, Caitlin, Clark, and Madelyn.

    ReplyDelete