Friday, September 9, 2011

Baby Love

I am in love with today.

It's my last Friday of summer hours at work, so I got off at 3.


We had Surin for lunch, where I indulged in some YUMMY sushi (cooked, not raw).


Ben passed his super hard Alabama law test.


When he gets done working today, we're headed to Dothan to hang out with Mom!


And yesterday...I got to hear our sweet baby's heartbeat once again.


It's so hard to explain that feeling I get when I hear it. You hear that whooshing sound going 90 to nothing, and the first feeling is relief. That baby I'm farming in there is ok.


The second feeling is excitement. Every time I hear it, I know that it's growing and getting stronger and healthier. God is knitting a miracle, and I am so lucky to be a part of it. Whoever this child is, I was chosen to be his/her mother.


Third, I get really, really nervous. I don't know what to do with a baby. What does a baby do all day long? I don't know. I don't remember that part of my life. And how am I going to teach it to be a responsible, contributing member of society? I'm not even sure I am a responsible, contributing member of society...All I've had is a dog. She gets bathed when she's stinky and food when she barks. Babies need a lot more attention than that...



How far along? 12 weeks officially.

Baby Bump? Yeh, that's starting to show up.

Maternity Clothes? Mom and I are going this weekend. My pants and skirts are getting tight and I am hating wearing them to work.

Total weight gain: Yesterday at the doctor, I have gained 5 pounds total.

Cravings: Still sandwiches. Anything bready.

Symptoms: I've only been really nauseous two days this week. I've got headaches and my lower back has been aching, but that could just be that I slept wrong.

Sleep: Still sleeping funny. I think I need a body pillow.

Movement: Still too little to feel!
Gender: According to old wives' tales, it's a girl because of it's really high heartbeat. But you never know. It could just be a feisty one. My mother, however, refuses to acknowledge that it could be anything else and is calling it a "her."

Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: Well, since it's football season, I've really missed a nice cold beer on gamedays. But I can handle not having that!

Best moment this week: Hearing that sweet heartbeat yesterday and being reassured that everything is ok and both baby and I are doing great!


RANDOM FACT ABOUT CHARLOTTE: She has now decided that she likes to dig. In the mornings, she runs around outside to get all of her bodily functions taken care of before being stuck in the house all day long. Yesterday and today, I have gotten completely ready for work, only to find her digging in a spot outside and covering her paws in mud. So both mornings, she has had to have a mini bath to rinse her paws. It made me 20 minutes late for my doctor's appointment yesterday because the couch also had to have a bath. She has NEVER done this before. She's going to the doggie hotel this weekend, so hopefully the yard will heal a bit before she gets back.

2 comments:

  1. I got REALLY bad headaches and lower backaches with Eli in the first trimester, but it got better. The second trimester is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Hoping your headaches go away soon! How fun to hear the heart beat, though!! Yay (:

    ReplyDelete