Tuesday, November 9, 2010

You're the Inspiration

Ben took the Dothan Police test on Tuesday.

We should find out in a few weeks if he's passed and can move onto the next step in testing.

I'm a giant bundle of nerves.

Not that I doubt that he'll pass. I'm positive that he will. He's a very smart guy and he feels confident in his test. He says he did well.

But I'm dying at the uncertainty.

I don't like not knowing where we'll be in a few months, or how fast it will move along, or if it's even a possibility at all.

I don't like it one bit.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what they call a segueway.

DAY 7 OF THIRTY DAYS OF TRUTH:
Someone who has made your life worth living.

WARNING: SAPPY POST AHEAD.

Is this obvious or what?

Trick question: There's TWO people who have made my life worth living.

Person #1: BEN

DUH.

He is unbelievable.

Why is he unbelievable? He's smart, funny, caring, generous, loyal, honest, hardworking, loving, passionate, fearless, thoughtful, strong, proud, sensitive, and the most genuine person you will ever meet. He is absolutely perfect for me in every way. He makes me smile when I'm sad, makes me laugh when I'm melancholy, and makes my stomach turn into a butterfly house multiple times a day. Everything that I am not, he is. We are like puzzle pieces that fit together.

Or as Phoebe says, he's my "lobster."

And he's freaking cute. Have you seen him?

Every morning, I am excited about what the day will hold for us and our marriage. We've experienced so much together already, and we've only been married for 2 years and together a little less than 4.

I know my life is richer because I have him. I can depend on him to be strong when I am weak. I can rest assured in the fact that he LOVES me and wants nothing but the best for me and us. I know that when we said our vows, he meant them and lives by them. I am confident that we will be with each other until death parts us, because we made the commitment that the "D" word is not used in our house.

He LOVES me.

One of the greatest compliments that we receive is that love is written all over our faces. More than one person has told me that they can literally see that he adores me and that I adore him, just in the way that we look at each other and interact with each other. I was told that our wedding was intimate and special, totally about us, and exemplified the love that we share. How cool is that?

So I think to myself, how could I NOT want to repay him for everything with my life? I strive every day to be a Godly wife who treats him with honor and respect, even when we are apart. I never do anything that I would not do with my husband present. I never want my commitment to him to be questioned. I live to make his life comfortable and easy. I try to show him with words and actions just how deep that love goes. I want to prepare a life and household for him now that will function well later as we transition to children, career paths, and eventually grandchildren and retirement.

That is what makes my life worth living...part one.


Person #2: JESUS CHRIST

Duh.

Without his grace and freedom, life would not be possible. He has saved me from the miry clay and lifted me up to be a daughter of the Lord Almighty. His death on the cross and life from the grave has given me the opportunity to leave this crappy earthly life and live with Him forever in perfection in Heaven.

When I am down, His Father's Word lifts my spirits. When I am lonely and afraid, I can cry out to Him for protection. When I sin, I depend on His forgiveness and grace to welcome me back time and time again. When I am weak, I am reminded that His strength is made perfect in my weakness and I have nothing to worry about.

If His eye is on the sparrow, I know He watches me.

So how could I not want to repay Him with my life? Of course, nothing I do will ever repay Him, but that's the beauty. All He asks is that I believe and follow. He takes care of everything else.

I believe. I believe Jesus is the Son of God and that He was beaten, crucified, and raised again to give me and all sinners new life in Him. I know without a shadow of a doubt who holds my life. I am confident that my eternal life is secured. I trust in Him to provide and to guide.

I follow. I live life with no regret or fear or sadness. I proudly proclaim who saved me years ago, and continues to save me every time I fall short. I turn my worries and cares over to Jesus and relinquish control (which is so hard sometimes). I spend time with my Father in prayer and in The Word. I make Him my priority. I go because I am commissioned to.

That makes my life worth living for...part two.


No comments:

Post a Comment