Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful

I don't know about you, but I ate a lot of dressing.

I'm stuffed silly, but could continue to eat dressing every day for the rest of my life.

Only if it has the little chunks of egg in it, though.
Yum.

Back on the diet, Katie...

THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR IN 2010:
1. My dear sweet hubby who decided to surprise me when he picked me up for lunch today with a half-dozen red roses, just because I wasn't feeling well with a cold that I can't kick. Too awesome. I love you, Ben.
2. My wonderful families that Ben and I were able to spend time with over the holiday. Grace and support flows from these people. Love them.
3. My sweet Charlotte. I don't remember life before her, and hope that she lives to be 100 years old so I never have to live without her.
4. Continuous grace from my Lord and Savior. How could you not believe?
5. My new car, even though we're pretty sure it has an electrical short and must be sent to the car doctor this week.
6. Future plans for Ben and me...and plans to start a family...
7. A Pig and A Paintbrush which is thriving!
8. You out there who read my ramblings.
9. Zaxby's and Taco Bell. OMG.
10. Shoedazzle. Really. Try it out. What an investment!
11. Waking up every day for 333 days and counting in 2010.
12. Etsy. Saving my life on Christmas presents this year.
13. Employment for me and somewhat non-employment for Ben. Things are so iffy nowadays and we are lucky to be gainfully employed.
14. The Military History Channel. No commercials! Best channel in the middle of the night!
15. The State of Alabama Department of Public Safety for perhaps giving my husband his dream job in 2011.
16. Febreze Pet Odor Eliminator, Swiffer, and OrangeGlo.

Ben and I have been so busy lately. With A Pig and A Paintbrush items flying left and right, I have no time really to do anything else at night. It's a blessing though.

We did go see Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan in concert the Friday before Thanksgiving. AMAZING. Jason Aldean is Ben's favorite. It was a rocking concert. We hardly sat down all night. And yes, we belted (along with everyone else in the BJCC)
"TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE ON MY BIG GREEN TRACTORRRRR!"
So fun. Concerts are the thing Ben and I do together. We've seen several this year.
The January after we got married, we saw the Eagles live. A dream.

August 2009, we saw Keith Urban and Sugarland for our anniversary in Nashville. Incredible concert.

For Christmas last year, he gave me tickets to see Brad Paisley and Miranda Lambert (my fave) in January. They were awesome.

We saw Lady Antebellum and Tim McGraw this summer. Another great concert.

Then, Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean two weekends ago.

Plus, we love live music and will go to fun places around town to hear cool tunes and discover new bands.

It's bonding time.

Ben is headed to Selma Sunday night to spend the night at the Trooper Academy. He takes the physical test Monday. I will be an absolute wreck at work on that day. I know he'll do fine. I get more nervous than he does. PRAY PLEASE!!!!!

Christmas season has begun! I got some AMAZING deals at the after Thanksgiving sales (and a receipt from Belk that says, "You saved $445." Yep, I'm saving that one.) There is Christmas music on the radio at work. Magic 96.5 plays non-stop Christmas music. We watched "The Family Stone" with Ben's mom last night and "Christmas Vacation" with Ben's family on Thanksgiving Day. Decorations are going up SOMETIME this week (I got an awesome new wreath for our front window!)
Here's a sneak preview of a Christmas card photo. I bought Charlotte a jingle bell collar to wear in the picture. She HATES it. Absolutely scared of it. So, once the picture was done, I gave it to Ben's stepmom for their dog, Sophie. Apparently, Sophie doesn't want to take it off and wears it constantly. I'm glad my $4 is being used.

Sorry for the long post. I just needed to ramble a bit.

RANDOM MUSIC MONDAY!!!!!
I know I haven't done one of these in a while, so I thought I'd give you one today! Here's a Jason Aldean song I can't get out of my head off his new album "My Kinda Party." It's my favorite on the album. If you are a country music fan, you should pick up this CD. It's a great one!
"TEXAS WAS YOU"




No comments:

Post a Comment