Friday, January 13, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile

If you don't know, which you probably don't (and in which case I will forgive you), Mom and I email all day long while we're at work. I usually call her on my way home if she's not teaching piano. And then we text all night long.


It's really bad in the summer because she's not working and we text all day long.

It took Ben a while to get used to this when we first started dating. But Mom is my best friend, and we tell each other everything.
Don't worry, I do know when to turn it off and spend time with Ben.

Anyways, I am saying all this to give you some back up information on this post (#101, to be exact). Mom was feeling a little sad today, which we all do sometimes, so I decided I would make her smile. I sent her 4 emails with lists of things that I KNOW make her smile - her happy thoughts.

You know, those things that make Peter Pan fly.

Anyways, it got me thinking about MY happy thoughts. So I thought I'd list them out for you.
And I'm sorry if a lot of them are food related. 7 months pregnant, here.

my warm and snuggly bed

my warm and snuggly bed with my husband and puppy in it


painting


chocolate cake


chocolate anything, really


The Eagles


Chick Fil A


sunset walks on the beach

coffee on the porch


office supplies


Sunday afternoon naps


playing with my baby cousins


online shopping


crystal footballs


a really, really great pair of stilettos

good hair days


Froot Loops


Channing Tatum


joy riding


a cold glass of champagne


pizza


waterproof mascara


John Mayer

fuzzy socks


Zaxby's fries


Drew Brees

cranapple juice


a clean kitchen


the smell of laundry


Washington DC


good Italian food


a fountain Coke


Gone With the Wind

my wedding rings

this little guy



furniture shopping


Pinterest


nail polish


professional massages

Taco Bell


October


New Orleans

Piggy


my favorite pair of jeans (that I will fit into again)


the way Mom's house smells


really hot bubble baths (temperature wise)


The Sound of Music


the Bravo channel


oatmeal creme pies


Chopped

crossword puzzles


And my FAVORITE happy thought - my little girl kicking away at my ribs the entire time I've been writing this post



No comments:

Post a Comment