Friday, January 20, 2012

31 Weeks

31 weeks!


O.M.G.


Every week gets closer to when I will hold my little girl.


Every week makes me feel so unprepared.


Things we have done to prepare so far:

arranged childcare, which I am SUPER SUPER SUPER EXCITED ABOUT, but I can't tell you yet...it's a secret!

painted the wall

registered (!)

bought a mobile for the crib

Ben's mom is having a rocking chair recovered to match the room

furniture has been purchased

began taking birth/parenting classes at the hospital (hysterical)

booked the babymoon


Things we have yet to do:

get the furniture from my mother's garage

finish the wall

put together the nursery

paint all the stuff I want to paint for the nursery

pack the bag

take the babymoon (NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!)


Ok, so it doesn't sound like a lot, but I am way overwhelmed with the nursery thing. I just want to get it done sooner than later, in case Brooke Allen decides to make her appearance a little earlier than expected.


I may or may not have had an emotional breakdown over this earlier this week.


Thank goodness for a more than sweet husband who brought me a bag of Hershey Kisses and a sweet card to make me feel better. :)


Bright news:

We have our first baby shower tomorrow night! Our sweet Sunday School class is hosting it. I cannot forget my camera tomorrow night! We will have lots of fun, I'm sure.


Ben's family baby shower is on February 5th in Jackson. Unfortunately, Ben will be working, so I'm going by myself! But it will be a wonderful shower with lots of love on our new baby girl...since there hasn't been a baby girl in the family in YEARS. They are very excited to buy PINK! Brooke Allen will have lots of boy cousins to make her tough. That's a good thing.


How far along? 31 weeks. I can't believe it!


Baby Bump? Growing every day!


Maternity Clothes? Even some of those don't fit anymore...


Weight Gain: 25 pounds as far as I know, but I go to the doctor on Monday morning, so we'll see.


Movement: Still as crazy as ever in there! I can tell body parts that are sticking out. I know where her foot was the other day, and then her head poked out. I am terrified to report that her head is square just like her daddy's.


Cravings: Still on the soft serve ice cream thing. It's very dangerous that there is a yogurt store in the complex I work at.


Symptoms: Getting harder to breathe. She is all up in my business.


Sleep: Still not sleeping through the night, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm never going to sleep through the night again.


Gender: It's a girl! Brooke Allen is her name!


Belly button: Starting to flatten out. This is quite a feat. I have a deep belly button.


What I miss: Being able to walk at a normal pace. Pretty sure I'm starting to waddle.


Best moment of the week: Figuring out what was a foot and what was a head, albeit the infamous Parrish Blockhead. Let's just hope that Parrish Blockhead is covered in red hair.

1 comment:

  1. I like this post!

    And yes, you will never sleep through the night again. I mean, yes you will, until you have baby #2!

    ReplyDelete