Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Wide Open

My husband is one step closer to being a State Trooper.

He passed the physical test with flying colors.

He went through a background interview with an ABI (Alabama Bureau of Investigation) agent and there was no drama.

He filled out a 350 question psychological test and was handed a time to go take a polygraph (thankfully here in Birmingham and not Selma).

I would personally like to thank the government for giving the DPS a grant to hire a Trooper class. You are making my husband smile like Christmas morning.

Am I freaking out?

Heck yes.

Knowing that this is it is unbelievable.
The uncertainty of the next few months is awful.
All is in God's hands.
Before he left on Sunday, I prayed over him, as I always do before anything like this. I prayed for Ben to be have strength and ability to finish all of his tasks. I prayed he would be calm and confident. I prayed for myself to be prayerful and patient. I prayed that if this is what we are supposed to do with our lives, God would reveal it evidently.
So we are waiting patiently. Definitely not my spiritual gift.
RANDOM FUN FACT ABOUT ME AND BEN: I always, always, ALWAYS pray over Ben before he takes any kind of test regarding police. The two times I didn't, he failed the tests. How's that for faith?

1 comment:

  1. Every single test that Josh has taken since he's been in A-School, I have prayed over during the time he was scheduled to take it. He's passed them all. The one or two times I forgot, he failed as well. Our God is awesome and the power of prayer is unreal. Keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers! I know how exciting it is to watch your husbands dreams come true. :-)

    ReplyDelete