Sunday, May 20, 2012

2 Months Old

Today, you are two months old.

Every day, you are changing.  Your face, your body, and your personality are growing so quickly.  I can't keep up.

At your two month appointment, you weighed 10 pounds, 11 ounces (up 4 pounds, 9 ounces since birth - 60th percentile) and 24 1/2 inches tall (up 4 inches since birth - above 95th percentile aka OFF THE CHARTS).  Dr. Stone listened to your heart and lungs, checked your hips, and your head.  He said you were perfect in every way and that we shouldn't change anything about how we are raising you.

I always feel proud when Dr. Stone tells us that.  Proud for me and proud for you.  You are thriving, and I am making sure that it happens.  We're in this together, baby.

And then...the shots.

We've elected to do the doctor's traditional scheduling of shots, which meant at your two month check up, you received the vaccines for DTaP (something, tetanus, and pertussis), polio, and some other fun things.

I was so nervous the whole appointment, knowing that these were coming.  The nurse laid you down on the table and pulled out all those mean needles.  When she began the first shot, your little bottom lip poked out, and you looked at me as if to say, "MOM, why are you letting them hurt me????"

I couldn't stand it anymore.  I busted into tears and put my face up close to yours.  We both cried our way through the shots (I even think daddy teared up, but he probably won't admit it).  The nurse was very quick with the shots, but to both of us, it felt like hours.

As soon as the nurse was done, she said I could pick you up.  As soon as I held you close to my chest, you stopped crying.  The nurse said, "WOAH, that was a quick recovery."

Mommy makes everything better.  :)

You ran a little fever after your shots and slept a lot.  I stayed home with you the next day, and you were feeling much better by the next afternoon.

Your two month check up isn't the only thing you've done this month.

You went on your first trip to the zoo.

The best part of the zoo trip is that your daddy HATES the zoo, but went anyways.  He later admitted that he had a lot of fun with us, but I'm pretty sure it was all because of you.

You went on your first trip to Jackson to see the Parrish and Bankston clans.  Daddy couldn't go with us, so you and I made the trip by ourselves.  We had a fun time at lunch with Dollie, Nanny, Daddy John, Aunt Deb, and you met Aunt Laurie and cousin Haley for the first time.  Then we went to cousin Hayes' birthday party at Aunt Pam's where you met LOTS of family, including all your boy cousins - Banks, Hayes, Sam, and Jack!

Mommy officially went back to work and you are staying with Mrs. Maegan on days when both mommy and daddy have to work.  Mrs. Maegan has two awesome little girls, Chloe Belle and Lily, and they are loving having a new little play mate around.

You smiled for the first time voluntarily.  There are no words to express how this made me feel.

You now officially sleep in the pack and play at night.  You have to sleep in the swaddle because you wake yourself up with your hands.  I put you down about 9pm every night.  You usually cry for about 10 minutes, but soothe yourself to sleep.  Sometimes you wake up when daddy comes home, and daddy takes care of you.  Sometimes you don't.  You usually wake up around 2am or 3am for a feeding.  Daddy and I alternate these.  Then you wake up again around 6am or 7am.  GiGi says you look like a butterfly pupa in your swaddle.

You do tummy time, but you're not a big fan.

My favorite day this month was Mother's Day!  This is my first Mother's Day on this side.  You and daddy gave me a cast iron skillet (he DOES listen!) to make corn bread in.  I've got to get it all seasoned up to use!  I also got a sweet card from you and Daddy, and Charlotte too.

Dollie and Aunt Deb came over for lunch on Mother's Day.  I actually cooked!

Mother's Day was so special with you to hold.  I am so happy you made me a mother.

Daddy's favorite thing this month is taking care of you in the mornings and his off days.  He loves spending this precious time with you.  You love your daddy so much.

My favorite thing this month is that you recognize me.  When I come home from work, you break out into this precious smile.  I love that you know me just by my face now.

Major news events in your second month of life:
Dick Clark, Donna Summer, and Junior Seau die.
Andrew Luck of Stanford is first pick in the NFL Draft to the Colts (and Bama boy Trent Richardson is picked third to the Browns!).
Facebook goes public with its IPO.

Some more fun pictures from this month:

This is what the house looks like when I leave for work in the mornings.

You love to sleep.

Out for the day with Mom and Dad

Enjoying the sunshine coming through your window during play time.

Watching American Idol with Daddy on a random night off from work.

You make the best faces.

I tickled your big toe for this smile.

Napping...your favorite thing.

I am so looking forward to your third month.  We don't really have anything major planned, except to watch you grow even more.  We're watching for you to start reaching for things, improving your head control, and the beginning stages of teething.

I am not ready for teething.

 
I love you, my sweet angel.  You are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment