Thursday, January 3, 2013

Your Bubba

 Another year has passed, which marks yet another year since Your Bubba went home to Jesus.

This year was shockingly different.  Usually, on his birthday and death anniversary, I am sad and solemn.  I find myself crying and wondering.  Praying and dreaming.

But not this year.  I believe you are the reason for that.

People always comment about how much you look like Your Daddy.  It's true.  You are his spitting image, dressed up in pink.

But there are some times, that you look just like Your Bubba.

The way you cock your head to the side.

The way your whole face smiles.

And the tiny little sparkle in your eye.

That glimmer.  That playful look you give us when we catch you looking at us.

Sometimes I wonder if God asked for Your Bubba's opinion when He created you.  And if Your Bubba said, "She would be perfect if you gave her my rosy cheeks and my sparkly eyes."  If they had a laugh over knowing Your GiGi immediately thought about the resemblance to Your Bubba when Your Daddy sent her your first picture from the delivery room.  If Your Bubba smiled at just the thought of you.
I hope that God showed Your Bubba his handiwork in you before He gave you to us.

He would have loved you so much.

I think about what it would have been like for him to be here.  To know you.

He would have cried such happy tears on the day you were born.  He would have put his arm around Your Daddy's shoulders as they stood around you, admiring your beauty.  He would have rocked you sweetly in your rocking chair.  He would have fought Your GiGi over time holding you.  He would have picked you way up in the air just to make you laugh.  He would have had a special nickname for you.

I wish I could see those things in real life.

Instead, I only have these visions in my mind, and the still lingering questions of why we were all robbed of it.  I know the purpose.  I understand.  But I still wish them different.

One day, Your Bubba will hold you.  He will walk with you in Heaven, showing you all the places to go and see.  He will hold your hand, and sing you songs.  And it will be just as it should be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment