Thursday, March 14, 2013

Little Memories

I find myself getting lost in this past year of loving you.

What an experience this first year has been.  

What memories we have made.

Like the first time your toes touched the water at the beach.

Or the first time we heard you laugh.

Little things that I never want to forget.

Like how cute you are when you sleep just like your daddy.

Or how you've stuck your tongue out from the moment you were first born.

And still do today.

And the love affair you have with your hands.

The first time you had powdered sugar.

And your first Christmas dress.

How you love to lay on Your Daddy's chest.

And the way you love to sing.

The first time you sat up on your own.

And the first time you used your beloved sippy cup correctly.

Discovering we have dog.

And discovering your toes.

Convincing Your Daddy to go to the zoo.

Because you've stolen his heart.

Sleepless nights with me.

Because you are the light of my life.

Mr. Mouse.

A baby cheerleader.

And those tiny little piggies.

Your first snow.

And your first big girl bath.

Making messes.

And lots of noise.

You are the best thing in the entire world.

How can this first year be almost over?  Can we rewind time and do it all again?  

Because I would.  I treasure these small moments with you in the little box in my heart.  

But we can't do it over again.  We can only move forward.  

So I look to more memories to be made.  Your first steps.  Your first day of school.  Your first time sliding into home plate.  Your first day of dance class.  Your first homecoming dance.  Your first boyfriend.

The day you graduate high school.  The day you move into your college dorm room.  The day you bring "THE BOY" home.  The day you show me the ring on your finger.  The day you take someone else's last name.  And the day I hold your tiny baby in my arms as a grandmother.

It will be here before we know it, and this first year will be ages ago.

But I will always have these sweet memories of you to look back on and reflect about this most amazing year.  The year you came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment